- The Taught Curriculum
- Information & Communication Technology
- Religious Education
- Physical Education
- Design and Technology
- The Creative Curriculum
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Additional Educational Needs
- More Able Children
- Personal, Health and Social Education
- Sex Education
- Multicultural Education
- Collective Worship
- Pixie Class
- Firefly Class
- Sprites Class
- Hobbit Class
- Elf Class
- Unicorn Class
- Dragon Class
- School Trips and Visits
- The New Curriculum
- Class structure
Hobbit Class - Summer Term 2017
Dear Hobbit Class,
Welcome back to term 6.
Mrs Hopkins is currently unwell and Mrs Heather is enjoying teaching the class with support from the The Hobbit team (Mrs Charter and Madame Neaves)
This week's learning can be found here Timetable
Here is what we will be studying this term:
- Sentence Structure
- Instructions and information texts
- The Enormous Crocodile - Roald Dahl
- We will be consolidating our learning so far and ensuring we are ready for year 4.
- Times tables
- Solving 2 step word problems
Topic work will be:
In Science, we will be learning about:
Plants/child initiated topic
This will allow for investigations, research and writing skills to be developed.
In RE this year
- We will be studying areas of Judaism, Christianity and Islam
- Madame Neaves will be teaching French once a week. She will be covering many areas to develop pronunciation and understanding. Her lessons always look so much fun!
- Andy will be taking PE every Wednesday,and helping us get ready for Sports Day
- Identifying what makes a good friend, and how to be one
Reading book and reading record book
Children are expected to take these home every night and bring them to school every day. The children need to write on the board in class when they need there book changing. It is the expectation that children read at least 5 times a week.
You will be expected to learn your spellings every week. Spellings will be tested on a Thursday.
Your homework will be given to you on a Friday and you will be expected to hand it in by the following Tuesday. The homework will usually be Maths/English/Topic related.
Please practise times tables as often as possible.
Please ensure that your uniform and personal belongings are clearly labelled with your name.
In Hobbit Class we work very hard on our behaviour – remember you can earn DOJO points and raffle tickets to earn rewards!
Here’s looking forward to a great term ahead!
Mrs Hopkins and the team